Monday, September 21, 2009

I LOVE Football

I love football. I mean I really love the sport. I never played it - wanted to but never had the skill to do so. I remember watching it as a child growing up with my Dad. He loved it and I loved spending time with him so I grew up loving football.

I enjoy watching golf, but I don't remember the last time I watched an entire baseball game. I'll watch the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter of Game 7 in the NBA finals, but that's about it. I do enjoy college basketball and will watch some of March Madness.

But somewhere along the way I really starting loving football. I schedule my day around who's playing. I read everything I can in the off season to follow recruiting. I love reading about the match ups and following the lines set by Vegas. I can even watch Southwest Montana State play Northeast Idaho Community College on a slow night - and watch it to the very end!!

I was playing golf with a good friend last week - the Mayor (LA for short) and he made this statement - "There were some really good football games last week that ended at the end". Now of course all games end at the end, but the scary part was - I knew what he was talking about. He meant that the outcome of the game wasn't decided until the end.

Golf can be exciting. Who doesn't love Tiger making a 14 footer on the 72nd hole to beat some poor slob who thought he had his first tournament won. But how much more exciting would it be if you could add full contact to golf? Think about it - wouldn't you love to see Tiger throw a chop block on Vijah Singh after he missed a 4 foot birdie putt? Or seeing Phil tackle Woody Austin when he three putts from 6 feet? Don't you think it be more fun to just get rid of the anger the games causes us?

I really love football.

Go Tech!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment