Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That First Bucket of Balls

It's like saying you're going to go to the driving range. You mean to. You want to. You have a genuine desire to do so. But something always seems to stop you. Your satisfied with your 12 handicap and win enough to make you think twice about really trying to get it under a 10. Sometimes it's the weather. Your back hurts. The Braves game is on early. Somehow you just never make it.

And then it happens. An unexplained aligning of the earth, moon and John Daly's pants happens and you find your self on your 2nd bucket of balls. And the sweat is pouring off your head and you realize you really can fix that slice - with practice.

That's what happened with this blog. I've talked about it for years. I write for the Men's Golf Association at the club where I'm a member. I love it. I'm good at it. But I wanted to try my hand at something outside the club. I was roaming the internet tonight. Found a way to get it started with no money in 3 easy steps and here ya go. My first of many posts.

The Daily Bogey is not a golf blog. It's a humorous look at life through the eyes of a professional 12 handicapper - with a whole lot of golf involved. It won't be where you come for news. It's not going to have the latest headlines in golf. But it is where you can get a good laugh several times a week. I can't promise you what it will eventually be, but I can promise you it won't be boring.

Keep it in the short grass.

David

1 comment:

  1. If you can do this, by God, I'm going to the freakin'driving range. And I just made you 2 bucks, so if I lose in the next match, it won't (i.e. shouldn't) hurt quite so much.
    Jimmy K

    ReplyDelete