Monday, October 5, 2009

I Want A Divorce - From the Braves

Let me see if I understand this. After playing their best baseball of the year by winning 15 out of 17 games, they come home to finish against the Marlins and Nationals and wind up loosing 6 in a row. And not only did they not come close to winning the Wild Card they managed to finish 3rd in the Division. Way too go Atlanta.

How does that make you feel? For me it left a feeling of emptiness, completely devoid of passion and emotion. Allowing myself to feel the excitement of something special only to have the wind knocked out of me at the end of the day. A bit of anger by getting sucked into the potential of witnessing greatness only to be left drained by a complete and total collapse.

It kind of reminds me of both of my divorces!! Yes - you read that correctly - both of them.

Maybe it's just me but I've really had all I can take of Chipper striking out with runners in scoring postion and less than 2 outs and walking back to the dugout like it's no big deal. I don't know know about anyone else but I'm ready to see baseball players with a little emotion. Chipper looks like he could care less when he fails in a big at bat. And speaking of emotion - has anyone checked to see if Garrett Anderson actually has a pulse? They called him a "professional ball player". What the hell is that? He should go to Hollywood after his career. He'll stay busy playing dead in all the movies.

I soooo want to pull for the Braves. We've had some great talent come through here. Bobby should have more than one ring to show for it. We've always had great pitching but why can every other club find a right fielder and a first basement that can hit 30 home runs and drive in 120 RBI's but us?

I know the farm is stocked with talent. We've got great prospects that are going to call Atlanta home for a long time. Let's just hope they're being taught to play with a little emotion instead of allowing failure to become acceptable.

Thank God it's football season!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment